Reveling in the glory and beauty of everyday life... all the mess and chaos of raising five little girls!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Resurrection Tree

I have to admit, I am not a crafty mom. I don't keep a lot of art supplies on hand, mostly because I am too frugal to purchase fun things like pom-poms and glitter and stickers. We have crayons, and paper. And that is about it. But we still have fun getting creative!

I wanted to do some Easter crafts during this week of preparation for Resurrection Sunday. So, I pulled out Noel Piper's book "Treasuring God in Your Traditions," and we gathered fallen branches from our yard to create a Resurrection tree. The girls helped me recall details of Holy Week - from the triumphal entry to the Last Supper, Good Friday and the joyous Resurrection.

It was a simple, fun project that hopefully helped to cement those details in their little hearts. And, it makes a nice centerpiece!


No comments:

Post a Comment